The Gtech Multi MK2 is a handheld vacuum designed to clean everything from car upholstery to stairs.
This cordless device comes with a wide range of accessories and tools.
It promises to take care of anything a traditional vacuum cleaner finds difficult. For instance, small crevices, curved surfaces and awkward spaces are not easily accessible to the pull-along vacuum cleaner.
This Gtech Multi MK2 review will outline all of the features and benefits of this compact yet powerful handheld vacuum.
- 1 Pros
- 2 Cons
- 3 Gtech Multi MK2 Review: Specifications
- 4 Features Of the Gtech Multi MK2
- 5 What I Liked
- 6 What I Disliked
- 7 Gtech Multi MK2 Review: Final Thoughts
- 20 minute run-time is decent for a handheld vacuum
- Lightweight design – weighs only 1.5 kg
- Very versatile with lots of attachments
- Not powerful enough to be a main vacuum
- Emptying and cleaning is slightly fiddly
Gtech Multi MK2 Review: Specifications
- Type: Handheld cordless
- Weight:6 kg
- Capacity:4 litres
- Charging Time: 4 hours
- Running Time: 20 minutes
- Features: Integrated lights
- Wattage: 44 watts
- Tools: Power brush head, dusting brush, lifetime washable filter, extendable hose, crevice tool and extension tube
- Bagless: Yes
Features Of the Gtech Multi MK2
The Multi MK2 is designed to be a practical and flexible handheld vacuum. Gtech (otherwise known as “Gray Technology”) has built it to be an accompaniment to its powerful AirRAM vacuum cleaner.
Thus, it has all the features of an efficient handheld vacuum. It goes one step further than the upright corded vacuum cleaner and provides every type of attachment needed to clean every surface in the house.
When combined with the AirRAM, you get a powerful set of cleaning devices that are worth the price.
The 36 cm extension tube is one of the best features of the Multi MK2. It can be used to clean hard to reach places.
Combined with the light feature, dirt can be spotted and cleaned from previously inaccessible corners and spaces. Cleaning cobwebs is much easier with this attachment. This feature sets this device apart from other handheld vacuums.
Usually, it is difficult to clean dust from high places such as the top of a bookshelf or a curtain rail. The Multi MK2 makes it convenient to reach the top of a surface without using a ladder.
It is also handy for cleaning floor-level surfaces without bending. Such convenience is typically missing from handheld vacuums.
Power Brush Head
Another feature that Gtech introduced in this model is the motorized brush head or “Power Brush”. It is ideal for sofas, stairs and car upholstery.
The mechanism of the head makes it an aggressive cleaning tool that pulls out stubborn dirt from carpets and upholstery. In my research, the attachment has proven itself useful in tackling fine pet hair.
Every pass of the power brush head agitates the dirt and picks it up with ease. This means there is no need to physically apply pressure on a certain area.
Read More: The benefits of a handheld vacuum explained
Multi MK2 has been created to stylistically resemble the trademark design of Gtech (grey and black body with green accents). It is also designed to resemble its conventional vacuum cleaner counterpart, the AirRAM. This makes the product and its attachments familiar to any user.
The handle is made of rubber and designed ergonomically to comfortably fit into your hand. This means your hand will not ache while you hold up the device when cleaning corners of the ceiling.
Moreover, the ON/OFF button has been designed to be activated with a simple press and release.
While most handheld vacuums (including the earlier model) had a press and hold design, the Multi MK2 is much more convenient to use due to this change in the design.
The device is powered by a 22V lithium-ion battery. It takes 4 hours to completely charge itself and runs for up to 20 minutes. Unlike some handheld vacuums, it does not come with a charging dock.
Instead, a normal plug-in charger has been provided. A green LED indicator above the handle displays battery level in 4 stages. Although it takes 4 hours to charge, the Multi MK2 can run for a few extra minutes with 1 hour of charge.
This is especially useful when you are in a rush or need to quickly clean something before guests come over.
What I Liked
- The power button of this handheld vacuum is pleasantly different from the others. While the usual protocol is to hold the button down as you clean, this device can be turned on by simply pressing it and leaving it.
- Like most handheld vacuums, Multi MK2 is easy to use and carry. The grip is also comfortable, making it a pleasant experience. The dust storage drum is also easy to clean. The drum can be detached, opened and emptied into the bin.
- Every pet owner is familiar with fine hair that is scattered all over their upholstery, carpets, curtains, etc. However, the power brush attachment makes this device a pet owner’s dream come true. The suction power is strong enough to pull out the fine hair between carpet fibres.
- Gtech’s light feature (similar to the one in AirRAM) is a definite bonus. The LED light illuminates the cleaning area and allows you to spot minute dirt hiding in plain sight. It is also useful to spot cobwebs around the house.
Read More: Dyson DC58 handheld review
What I Disliked
- To get a full charge, the device must be plugged in for 4 hours. This can be inconvenient for those who spontaneously decide to clean. However, it can be charged for a minimum of 1 hour for a “short burst” of cleaning.
- The Multi MK2 is on the higher end of the price range. Those looking for a basic model of a handheld may find this device to be expensive. However, with its extensive range of features, you get what you pay for.
Gtech Multi MK2 Review: Final Thoughts
The Gtech Multi MK2 handheld vacuum gives you great bang for your buck. It complements a conventional upright vacuum cleaner by doing everything that the corded vacuum cannot.
The multiple attachments give you the benefit of cleaning a wide range of surfaces. It goes beyond the basic handheld vacuum with special features like the power brush head and extendable hose.
Needless to say, the device cannot be used as a substitute for a powerful conventional upright vacuum cleaner. Its suction power cannot cover large areas effectively.
However, it takes care of the finer finishing touches by cleaning out dirt from inaccessible spaces. It is particularly great for busy parents and families with children or pets.
Based on the findings from my research, I recommend the Gtech Multi MK2 as a must-have addition to your cleaning arsenal.