Last Updated on
Dyson is a household name for every kind of vacuum cleaner. The Dyson V6 Car + Boat handheld is an exceptionally versatile device to clean surfaces and upholstery in cars, boats and even at home.
Designed specifically for cars and boats, this model has great suction power (28 AW on normal mode and 100 AW on maximum) and comes with a wide range of accessories to manoeuvre the surfaces in your vehicle.
In this Dyson V6 Car and Boat review, you’ll see how this model is among the most powerful cordless handheld vacuums. Powered by the Dyson digital V6 motor, it is also lightweight which makes it a delight for easy storage and function.
- This device has one of the most powerful suction technologies in handheld vacuum cleaners. The Two Tier Radial Cyclone technology ensures there is no loss of suction. Further, the Max button can be used to boost the suction for particularly stubborn surfaces and dirt.
- It is also one of the lightest and most portable models of a handheld vacuum. Bulky devices can be difficult to direct in restricted spaces like a car. This makes the Dyson V6 Car+Boat handheld one of the best investments for your vehicle or boat.
- The model can also be used to carry out spot cleaning in the household. It cleans surfaces at home (such as cabinet doors, bookshelves etc.) just as well as it cleans upholstery.
- The wide range of accessories makes the Dyson V6 one of the most versatile handheld vacuum cleaners. They handle almost any surface and are specifically designed to access the crevices and surfaces in cars and boats.
- The device is priced reasonably unlike other handheld models with similar features. As a Dyson product, it also comes with a standard of quality and durability for the price. The reliability of this device is one of its most beneficial features.
- The Dyson V6 Car & Boat is very easy to clean and maintain thanks to the easy-empty dust cup and detachable tools.
- Although the Dyson V6 Car+Boat model thoroughly cleans fine dirt and debris (including loose sand and pet hair), it does not work effectively on debris of a relatively larger size.
- The 3.5 hours of charging for a running time of 20 minutes is also limiting when compared to other models (including Dyson V7) which tend to have a larger battery life. The Max mode which is one of its main features is often disappointing given its short run time. Although it is powerful, the 6 minutes limitation can be very frustrating.
Read More: Dyson V8 vs V10 vs V11 comparison
Dyson V6 Car and Boat Review: Specifications
- Type: Handheld cordless vacuum
- Weight:54 kg
- Capacity:11 litres
- Charging Time:5 hours
- Running Time: 20 minutes
- Voltage: 110V
- Tools: Extension hose, mini soft dusting brush, stubborn dirt brush, crevice tool, combination tool, mini motorized tool
- Bagless: Yes
The Dyson V6 (Car + Boat) is packed with many features. It has six accessories to assist you in cleaning every surface and space in your vehicle. The mini soft dusting brush, for instance, can be used for dusting delicate surfaces.
The stubborn dirt brush, on the other hand, is apt for a more aggressive force on mats, carpets and rugs. Of all six tools, the extension is the central part. Every other tool can be attached to this. It also comes with a trigger grip. This means it is turned on only when the trigger is pulled saving both time and energy.
Read More: What are the benefits of a handheld vacuum?
Mini Motorized Tool
The mini motorized tool is a handy tool for cleaning every kind of upholstery fabric including leather and suede. It is especially useful in picking up fine pet hair, dust, dirt, food crumbs etc.
These are usually considered stubborn debris and get trapped in upholstery fabric, mats, carpets and so on.
A combination of high suction power and the mini motorized tool is possibly the best way to tackle this kind of debris.
Two-Tier Radial Cyclones
One of the ways the device increases suction power is to employ the Two-Tier Radial Cyclones Technology.
The design includes 15 cyclones arranged in two-tier radial cyclones that increase the airflow. This is particularly useful when the creation of powerful suction is needed to capture fine debris.
Spot Cleaning Floors
A typical standalone floor cleaner comes with a long wand for easy movement of the cleaning tool.
Although the Dyson V6 (Car+Boat) is not built as a conventional home vacuum cleaner, the combination tool can turn it into a spot cleaner for bare floors.
This can be done by purchasing the wand separately and attaching it to the combination tool.
Specific spots can be cleaned with this combination (non-carpeted stairs, for instance). However, it cannot be replaced with a regular floor cleaner.
The lithium-ion battery takes approximately 3.5 hours to charge. This is considered faster than most other handheld vacuum cleaners. It runs for an average of 20 minutes.
However, there is also provision for a mode to turn the suction to the maximum (Max mode). This is for tough surfaces that require a more powerful force. The runtime for this device on Max mode is 6 minutes.
Read More: Dyson – The full history
The Dyson V6 comes with two filters, both of which are lifetime washable filters. The aim of the cyclonic filtration is the prevention of clumping on the filter.
The first main filter is the pre-motor filter. It is located in the middle of the cyclonic system. At the back of the motor, is the second post-motor filter.
They are both detachable and washable. However, some precautions must be taken while washing. They must be washed exclusively with soap and water and dried completely before inserting it back into the device.
Dyson V6 Car and Boat Review: Final Thoughts
Despite the disadvantages of its battery life, the Dyson V6 Car+Boat handheld vacuum is a great buy for a reasonable price. It is a portable lightweight vacuum that packs a powerful suction.
Due to its numerous features and attachments, the device is versatile enough to be used in vehicles, boats and homes.
The two-year warranty is also reassuring as Dyson is a reputed company that can be trusted to honour the warranty if anything goes wrong.
Overall, the high performance, portability, durability and innovative design make this product a compelling buy for any vehicle owner.