Are you one of those people who’d prefer to live their lives in a reasonably clean and adult-like manner?
Even if you aren’t, I may have just the thing for you to start off with.
I don’t enjoy seeing dirt stuck on the innumerable flat surfaces around my house. As you go around vacuuming your place, there is a part that gets left out pretty often – the windows.
Windows can get particularly mucky because of excessive condensation, and forgetting to clean them regularly just makes the task harder when I finally get to it.
This is where the Kärcher WV5 Premium rechargeable window vacuum cleaner comes into the picture, making cleaning a breeze. This Karcher WV5 review will show you that its benefits are not limited to just the windows of your house.
It can also be used on mirrors, shower screens, tiles and getting rid of things spilt on the floors and worktops.
Let’s learn more about this product!
- Cleans over 100 windows on one battery charge
- Edge Guidance system to clean right into the edges
- Interchangeable suction heads of different sizes
- May have to use a cloth to get a completely streak-free finish
- Small water tank – have to empty often
Karcher WV5 Review: Specifications
- Weight Including Battery (in kg):7
- Dimensions (length x width x height) (in mm): 125 x 280 x 325
- Working Width of Vacuum Nozzle (in cm/mm): 280 / 170
- Dirty Water Container Capacity (in ml): 100
- Battery Charging Time (in minutes): 185
- Battery Running Time (in minutes): 35
- Cleaning Performance Per Battery Charge Approximately: 105 m² or 35 windows
- Current Type (in V/Hz): 100 – 240 / 50 – 60
About the Kärcher WV5 Window Vac
The WV5 Premium is the latest in the series of rechargeable window vacuums by Kärcher.
It comes with a spray bottle for dispensing the detergent solution, a microfibre cleaning head to rub the detergent on the dirty surface, detergent and two blades.
The product has everything that you need to get started and is also very easy to use. You have to start off by pouring the detergent and some water into the spray bottle.
After this, spray the surface to be cleaned with the spray bottle and rub the liquid over it with the provided microfibre cloth. The last step is using the vacuum to clean the detergent solution off the window (or any other surface) to reveal a shiny clean exterior.
As compared to Kärcher’s older models, the WV5 Premium comes with a 25% increase in battery life. The newer version this window vacuum cleaner has been designed to further cut down on cleaning time. It also comes with a three-step LED display, which is located on the screen handle.
While the window vacuum is a little on the expensive side, it does come with a good range of features. Continue reading to know more on that!
The Kärcher WV5 Premium comes with a removable lithium-ion battery that lets you get on with the cleaning in one sitting without any interruptions or sudden breaks.
After one complete charge, it can be used to clean surfaces up to 105 m² or 35 windows. There is also an optional second battery.
Interchangeable Suction Nozzle
The product gives you great flexibility in the process of cleaning with two nozzles – one large and one small.
If you have smaller surfaces, pick up the small nozzle attachment and if the windows are big, the larger suction nozzle can be used.
Easier for Window Edges
A major problem that I face while cleaning windows with gadgets is reaching the edges. The Kärcher WV5 Premium, however, comes with manually adjustable edge guides that allow for much better results.
So no more stress about missing a spot in that corner anymore!
What We Liked
- The handle is very easy to use because of the soft grip. So, if you have a lot of windows and surfaces to be cleaned, your hands will not be sore in the end.
- The battery level indicator is a boon! With three LEDs indicating the current battery status, you always know approximately how much running time you have left.
- It works its magic with minimal sound. While Kärcher’s products are usually not very loud, the WV5 Premium is 10% quieter than the previous models.
- Kärcher’s name is well known in the industry so you can be reassured that you will receive the best quality product.
- The Kärcher WV5 Premium offers a good range of attachments. The spray bottle, combined with the microfibre cleaning head and the main vacuum, make a great team.
- A wide range of surfaces can be cleaned – it is not limited to just your windows.
- The process is much faster than using a regular cloth or other conventional methods. You can clean your windows up to three times faster with the WV5 Premium.
- The process is entirely drip-free so you do not have to worry about getting more surfaces dirty as you attempt to clean your windows.
- Once you’re done, it is very easy to empty the tank without the fear of touching the dirty water!
Read More: Karcher K2 UK review
What We Didn’t Like
- The price may be on the higher side if you’re looking for a cheaper option to get rid of your cleaning woes.
- It is not completely streak-free, especially in the initial few times that you use the product. The problem usually arises when you don’t wet the surface enough. The process becomes smoother with use.
- Charging can be a bit of a hassle if you’re not very regular with such things. You will need to charge it for 185 minutes if you want the complete 35 minutes of running time that the product offers.
- The instructions that come with the WV5 Premium are limited. If you want a more in-depth look into the functioning and how it can be utilized in different ways, you may be a little disappointed. However, there are an abundance of videos online that show the best ways to use it, so all is not lost.
Karcher WV5 Review: Final Thoughts
The Kärcher WV5 Premium may be a little on the higher side when it comes to price, but it is worth the investment if you are going to be cleaning your windows regularly. It is easy to use and gets the job done quickly.
Kärcher is one of the best players in the field, so you cannot go wrong with investing in their patented blade technology. If it fits your budget, it is worth the money spent!
- 3 of the best Karcher window vacs
- How to clean your windows without streaks
- Tips for cleaning the outside of your windows