Last Updated on
Cleaning can’t get any more friendly than the Henry Cordless Vacuum Cleaner by Numatic.
And by “friendly” I mean both user-friendly and, well, jolly. This little fella makes cleaning hard to reach, unconventional, and everyday spaces easier than ever — all with a happy smile on his face.
This cordless vacuum is similar to the original Henry Hoover, with the most obvious change being the lack of a power cord. While this does make him more expensive than his corded counterpart, the convenience more than makes up for it.
It’s worth mentioning that Henry Hoover Cordless is also efficient, easy to maintain, and surprisingly portable. Find out more in this Henry Cordless review.
- Cordless convenience with up to 30 minutes run time per battery / 2 batteries = 60 minutes
- Large dust capacity that is up to 10x larger than other cordless vacuums
- Good filtration with self-seal dust bags to lock in the dirt
- Suction is not as powerful as corded Henry, although it still does a good job
- Not as versatile as other cordless vacuums
Henry Cordless Review: An Overview
The Henry Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is manufactured and sold by Numatic, which is a classic brand trusted for many
years. Numatic is also known for making extremely durable machines.
Cordless Henry is a new take on a prior design but preserves the traditional look. The Henry Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is a cylinder vacuum cleaner designed in traditional Henry Hoover style.
It’s one of the only ones of its kind currently available. The benefit of a cylinder vacuum is that it has a larger dirt capacity than an upright vacuum.
Henry is a member of a family of vacuum cleaners made by Numatic, and his closest siblings include Hetty (who is basically a female Henry), James, used for heavy-duty jobs, and Harry — specifically designed for pet owners.
Features Of Henry Hoover Cordless Vacuum
This is Henry’s most notable feature and for good reason. Henry is the first cordless cylinder vacuum cleaner to make its way into the spotlight.
Being cordless means no hassle with trying to find an outlet or being restricted by the length of the cord. It allows cleaning of spaces which doesn’t have an outlet or has limited outlets; like your car or patio.
However, this doesn’t mean you should try to suck questionable things in your garage or vacuum the lawn — there are other tools for that.
Some purchases include two 36v batteries, giving you the opportunity to charge one while the other is in use. This is recommended, especially if you plan to tackle extensive cleaning periods.
Each battery lasts approximately 30 mins on Lo setting and 20mins on Hi. The battery packs are easy to remove from the hoover and takes about 3,5 hours to charge fully. A charging dock is provided for this purpose. A simple, clear battery indicator will let you know when this is needed.
Did I mention that cordless cleaning is so much faster than being tied down? And lastly, battery-powered vacuum cleaners operate considerably quieter than their mains power counterparts.
Henry might look bulky, but he’s considerably lighter than his corded predecessor. This is due to the fact that there are no electrical cords or housing needed.
For a cylinder vacuum, this hoover is exceptionally portable. It’s painless to steer around the house whilst cleaning
and simple to store.
You should be able to carry it up and down a staircase (while vacuuming those stairs of course) or transport it relatively easily if you have out-of-house cleaning to do. You won’t be able to balance it on stairs, but the weight makes it easy enough to hold or lean against your leg.
This friendly face is provided with a set of tools to make your vacuuming adventures all the more interesting. The toolkit can be stored onboard, so any dirt problem can be tackled on the spot. All parts are effortless to assemble and disassemble. The set includes:
- Crevice Tool – Great for cleaning skirtings, corners, and other hard to reach places, this tool is adept at removing every speck of dust and dirt.
- 2 x Stainless Steel Tubes – Used to build the main “handle” when assembling your hoover.
- Double Taper Hose/Tool Adaptor
- Soft Dusting Brush – Use this to dust blinds, bannisters, ceiling skirtings, and even tables.
- Upholstery Nozzle – Amazing at picking dust and pet hair up from upholstery as well as car interiors.
- Slide On Brush for Upholstery Nozzle
- Battery Vac Combination Floor Nozzle – The floorhead is adjustable and glides across most surfaces without pulling. It also has side suction to ensure every speck of dirt is accounted for. In combination with the Hi and Lo settings, this floorhead caters to every floor type’s needs.
- Flomax Conical Hose – The length of this hose ensures you’ll never miss a spot again. Reach everything from the ceiling to that dodgy spot under the sofa.
- Stainless Steel Tube Bend – Used in combination with the extension tubes and makes for a comfortable grip.
Read More: This guide will show you which Henry model is the best
HEPA Filter & Hepaflo bags
Henry’s body has a 6-litre capacity. This is large enough to prevent the need for constant emptying.
He has a HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter installed, designed to purify the air. It traps dust particles,
allergens, and other microbes making this hoover and an excellent choice for anyone who suffers from allergies or asthma.
The filter should be fitted with Numatic’s HepaFlo bags. They are disposable, simple to use, and made of durable fabric to contain dust and avoid tears.
Hi & Lo Settings
The Lo setting should be used for general cleaning to preserve battery life. This setting is sufficient for most cleaning tasks and works brilliantly on hardwood floors and tiles. It can also be used to dust curtain and blinds, and even get rid of any cobwebs.
The Hi setting is excellent for cleaning carpets but uses more battery life. On Hi setting the floorhead will still glide effortlessly while doing a good job at picking up dirt.
However, Henry wasn’t made to perform heavy duty jobs. He’s average at picking up large amounts of pet hair but will suffice in the task of cleaning normal amounts of hair.
What I Liked About Henry Hoover Cordless
- Lightweight, making it easy to move around
- Great suction capabilities
- Henry is surprisingly quiet
- The HEPA filter is amazing at preventing allergies and respiratory problems
- The Hepaflow bags are painless to remove, clean or replace
- The toolkit is extremely versatile and parts are easy to swap out
What I Didn’t Like
- On Hi-power, the battery doesn’t last for a long time
- Doesn’t remove excessive pet hair 100%
Henry Cordless Review: Final Thoughts
Cordless Henry performs exceptionally well compared to other cordless hoovers. He’s easy to move, use, and clean. On top of that, he’s versatile and actually good at his job – he even cleans the air before releasing it.
Wheeling the Henry Cordless Vacuum Cleaner’s happy face around the house is sure to provide you with great amusement while leaving spotless surfaces in your wake.