The George Hoover vacuum cleaner is a clear indication of just how ambitious Numatic has been over the years. Despite their achievement with the Henry Hoover, they have still remained focused and relentless in their efforts to bring us the perfect vacuum cleaner.
Although George Hoover may not be perfect, it does bring a whole new perspective to vacuum cleaning. George is not your typical Numatic cleaner as it surpasses most of its brothers in terms of the scope of work it can do.
George can be referred to as an all-purpose or an all in one vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaner, and after reading this George hoover review you’ll see that you won’t need any other cleaning appliance when he’s around.
Powerful motor to deal with wet and dry messes
Lots of attachments and tools for every kind of wet or dry cleaning job
Multi-function – dry vacuuming, clean up spills, unblock drains
Heavy and bulky, can be difficult to manoeuvre and store
No cable rewind function
Overview Of George Hoover All-In-One
George does it all. This vacuum cleaner can be used for wet vacuuming, dry vacuuming, drying floors, scrubbing floors, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning and even sink unblocking.
Unlike its counterpart James, George features a metal-based cleaning head instead of a plastic based head. This strongly boosts its performance.
Read More: What kind of bags do I need for George?
George comes with a number of tools and parts. This is understandable given all the work it is designed to do. On purchase, you will get the following tools:
- A dusting brush
- An all-purpose nozzle on which you can slide a detachable brush
- An adapter piece
- 2 metal tubes of slightly different sizes
- A metal handle
- 2 transparent nozzles with gold fittings at the front
- A hard floor washing nozzle with firm brushes
- 2 hoses for dry and wet cleaning
- A crevice tool and some spare dust bags
George Hoover Review: Features
George comes with 2 separate hoses, one for wet vacuuming and another for dry vacuuming. The one used for dry vacuuming is shorter. It is actually shorter than the ones Henry comes with.
It, however, does a good job of removing dust from the floor. The wet hose is much longer and has a different feel to it. It is able to remove coffee stains and any liquid substances from the floor with ease.
George has an upholstery tool that does a wonderfully good job in cleaning off dirt from car carpets and seats as well. The hand-held tool is well-built to ensure you get a great performance from it.
The capacities for dry and wet cleaning are different. For dry you get a dust capacity of 15 litres and for wet cleaning, you have a 9-litre capacity. These capacities are quite impressive. They are able to last for a long time before you have to do a replacement.
This vacuum cleaner comes with 2 switches and an attached handle on its head. One switch is used for the pump and the other one is used to power the suction motor.
The inside of George features a mesh filter and a clean water tank. The filter sits inside the water tank, both of which are removable.
The clean water tank has a handle so that you can carry it to your sink to fill it with water for wet cleaning. The vacuum cleaner’s bucket is all that remains when you remove these two. This bucket has 4 wheels attached to it, two at the back and two at the front.
George uses a HEPAFlo filtration system and has exhaustion vents on its back and side.
What I Liked About George
- It does everything. This is probably the best thing about George. It can do wet and dry vacuuming, shampoo your carpet, shampoo your stairs and wash your car seats. It does not limit you to one function. This also means you do not have to incur more costs in purchasing other vacuum cleaners.
- It has powerful suction. Numatic does put a lot of effort in terms of ensuring their products have strong suction. This is because more suction power equals cleaner floors. George has a mighty engine that ensures it performs at its best whether it is doing dry vacuuming or wet vacuuming.
- It is easy to set up. George comes with a pictured illustration on how to use it. It is also easy to use because its components are much similar to the Henry Hoover which most people are familiar with.
- It is easy to change from dry to wet mode. Since George comes with 2 hoses, you do not have to wait for the wet hose to dry so that you can reuse it as a dry hose. Once you are done with one vacuuming process, you can remove the hose and quickly replace it with the other hose. This ensures that your vacuuming goes smoothly and faster.
- The cable is long. This means you don’t have to unplug it all the time while cleaning the room. You can clean a large area of the room with it plugged in one position.
- It is quite durable. The George hoover model has been around for more than 15 years now and although Numatic has released a newer version of George, the older one still functions just as good. This goes to show just how much work the manufacturer has put in to ensure their durability.
- It has a large water tank. The huge water tank ensures that you can vacuum your room without constantly having to refill and dispose of the water.
- The features it comes with are worth its price. George is an all in one vacuum cleaner and is still not overpriced. Given its price, I would say it’s worth every penny.
Read More: Henry Allergy vacuum review
What I Didn’t Like
- It is heavy. George is quite heavy and this can make it very difficult to move around with. The wheels can only do so much to help make it lighter, the rest of the effort has to come from you.
- George does not have a revolving brush. A revolving brush makes it so easy to clean large carpet areas. The lack of a brush can prove to be a challenge for you.
- The hose is short. As mentioned earlier on, we said that the dry hose is short. The older version of George had a longer hose and so it was quite easier to move around with. The current one is shorter providing some difficulties while vacuuming.
- Storage can be a problem. George Hoover comes with quite a number of tools and parts hence finding a place to put all of them can be difficult.
- Despite being heavy, George can topple over if you are not careful. This shows it is not very firm on the ground.
Read More: Full review of the Maxi Vac portable cleaner
George Hoover Review: Final Thoughts
All things considered, George Hoover is a fantastic vacuum cleaner. It may have some disadvantages but they are nothing compared to the benefits it brings.
The ability to do so much with just one vacuum cleaner should be a good enough reason to go for this cleaner. If that is not enough for you, then you can take into consideration its robust suction power, durability, convenience and ease of use.
No matter where you live, your home is going to get dirty. Everyday messes happen, clutter spawns seemingly out of nowhere, and it’s easier to get unorganized than it is to keep things tidy. I…
Vacuuming your home may seem like nothing more than a dull and boring chore, however, once you know the facts, you’ll understand exactly how imperative this menial task is. Dust, dirt and debris ac…
Bed bugs were initially associated with dingy and unhygienic living conditions commonly infesting mouldy beds, old furniture and carpets. However lately it’s been discovered that rather than poor p…